Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucm dial prefix number starting with *

dreams_as_money
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Could you please tell me how to configure cucm that Ip Phones can call to numbers  that starts with * or short prefixes  for example: *189 or 188

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply configure them... 

Directory Number

Enter a dialable phone number. Values can include route pattern wildcards and numeric characters (0 through 9). Special characters such as a question mark (?), exclamation mark (!), backslash (\), brackets ([ ]), plus sign (+), dash (-), asterisk (*), caret (^), pound sign (#), and an X are also allowable. Special characters that are not allowed are a period (.), at sign (@), dollar sign ($), and percent sign (%).

At the beginning of the pattern, enter \+ if you want to use the international escape character +. For this field, \+ does not represent a wildcard; instead, entering \+ represents a dialable digit.

If you want to translate *189 to something else, then simply configure the TP for that.

The rest of it is absolutely no different from configuring a DN without *, CSS and partitions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Yes, just as any other number you want to reach on the PSTN you simply configure the RP and all associated elements to place the call on the CUCM side.

If you're using MGCP, then simply choose the interface to place the call.

If H.323 then add the necessary dial peers to your VGW.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply configure them... 

Directory Number

Enter a dialable phone number. Values can include route pattern wildcards and numeric characters (0 through 9). Special characters such as a question mark (?), exclamation mark (!), backslash (\), brackets ([ ]), plus sign (+), dash (-), asterisk (*), caret (^), pound sign (#), and an X are also allowable. Special characters that are not allowed are a period (.), at sign (@), dollar sign ($), and percent sign (%).

At the beginning of the pattern, enter \+ if you want to use the international escape character +. For this field, \+ does not represent a wildcard; instead, entering \+ represents a dialable digit.

If you want to translate *189 to something else, then simply configure the TP for that.

The rest of it is absolutely no different from configuring a DN without *, CSS and partitions.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

Actually I don't want to translate it

it is a outgoing number  I mean the number is reachable from  general landline phones so from the cucm perspective I could not reach that number  as I understand I need to create route pattern  please correct iF I m not right

I need help to create  that pattern to  reach *189 from internal Ip phone to outside world

Thanks

Yes, just as any other number you want to reach on the PSTN you simply configure the RP and all associated elements to place the call on the CUCM side.

If you're using MGCP, then simply choose the interface to place the call.

If H.323 then add the necessary dial peers to your VGW.

HTH

java

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: