Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Dialed number not routing out; going to reception hunt grup instead

HOLLYW00D
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

I have ported numbers away from our SIP carrier to Skype for Business.

The DNs have been removed in Call Manager (10.5).

One number, which was a DN in Call Manager, is able to route outside and reach the new Skype for Business endpoint.

Another number, which was a DN Call Manager, does *not* route outside, and instead, calls our CUCM reception hunt group.

Ultimately, I need our Cisco phone environment to still be able to reach the DNs which have been ported away.

I don't even know where to get started, to be honest.  I don't see anything glaring in route/translation patterns.  Could it be a Cisco CUBE, or a carrier issue?  Our Cisco CUBEs configs don't have any glaring translations that would affect one number and not the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Determine your call flow and then start by looking into the dial plan of each element that is involved in it.

Remember CUCM is always best match routing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A good tool for this is the dialed number analyzer in cucm, it is available to cucm GUI and can simulate the dial plan logic for a certain call/DN

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

HOLLYW00D
Level 1
Level 1
The issue turned out to be the carrier failing to update the numbers to a "ported out state" after the transfer had completed. The dialed number was hitting their SBC, and coming right back to our Cisco Call Manager. Thank you for the replies!