Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Disaster Recovery System - Backup Issues

justserve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been trying to access my DRS page but I am finding it very slow to access. When the page loads and I click to check my backup device and schedule list. I have this statust error that "Local Agent is not responding. This may be due to Master or Local Agent down". Also when I check for backup history, nothin displayed (empty history)

I have checked all the servers - publisher and subscribers. On all of them the Master Agent and Local Agents are running. Also the DRF services are active. Also the certificate on all the servers are the same.

But I cannot do any backup neither can I check the backup history or add another backup device. Attached is a copy of the screen shot error.

My CUCM version isSystem version: 7.1.5.32900-2

Kindly assist with a possible solution.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Firstly, try restarting the DRF services on the pub. If this doesn't work (or, especially, if the services won't restart) you'll have to restart the pub.

I've seen this happen before on my pub where the DRF can get it's knickers in a twist and a reboot is required.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Firstly, try restarting the DRF services on the pub. If this doesn't work (or, especially, if the services won't restart) you'll have to restart the pub.

I've seen this happen before on my pub where the DRF can get it's knickers in a twist and a reboot is required.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi ,

I have faced same problem early. You need to restart Both  "Master Agent and Local Agent" on publisher.

Regards.

I had to restart both Master Agent and Local Agent" on the subscribers too.

When I restarted the services only on the publisher, and did a manual backup, the subscribers did not backup. A warning message was received in the backup status and that the subscriber could not be contacted.

With this experience, it is advisable to restart the services on the subscribers too.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

For me only worked these below procedure (on both servers, PUB/SUB):

Regenerate ipsec.pem

Complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. Log into Cisco Unified Communications Manager OS Administration page.

2. Choose Security > Certificate Management. The Certificate List window displays.

3. You can use the Find controls in order to filter the certificate list.

4. Click the ipsec.pem file, and then click Regenerate.

5. After the successful regeneration of the ipsec.pem file, download the same.

6. Go back to the Certificate Management page.

7. Find the existing corrupted ipsec-trust file entry. Click the file name of the certificate or CTL, and then click Delete. Refer to Delete a Certificate for more information.

8. Upload the downloaded ipsec.pem file with the caption ipsec-trust.

9. Restart the Master Agent (MA)/Local Agent (LA).

*References:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection-version-70/112102-backupdevice-00.html

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/112102/backupdevice-00.pdf

Thanks much! your procedure works for me.!!!!

Hi, can you please tell me if this procedure can be applied without any risk? or do you need a maintenance window to do it? if on CUCM will it affect phones?

Thanks!

Edson

Hi I wonder if you have received reply to your question as I am facing the same.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: