cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Disaster Recovery System

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,  Just  a general discussion on restoring the backup file. 

I have PUB VMware image  back to June 2013, and from July to now we have scheduled backup every month on PUB. If let's say system crushed and I have to rebuilt the PUB from June image, do I have to restore the each back up file one by one to the June Image or I can just restore the latest backup files.  (CUCM version 8.6) Thanks in advance  Roy

Hi there,  Just  a general discussion on restoring the backup file. 

We have PUB VMware image back to June 2013, and from July to now we have scheduled backup every month on PUB. If let's say system crushed and I have to rebuilt the PUB from June image, do I have to restore the each back up file one by one to the June Image or I can just restore the latest backup files. (CUCM version 8.6) Thanks in advance   Roy

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy,

you need to restore the call manager PUB with latest backup file [which is a TAR file ]that u have got after scheduled.

regds,

aman

Hi Roy,

Just for the sake of knowledge, u can also restore the Publisher from Subscriber in case if u do not have a Backup of CUCM.this feature was introduced in CUCM 8.6(2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_2/delta/delta862.pdf

New Feature for Restoring the Database of a Publisher Node

When using the Disaster Recovery System to restore the publisher node of a Cisco Unified

Communications Manager cluster, you can restore the publisher database using the database from one

of the subscriber nodes.

If the backup file that you select for the restore process includes a CCMDB database component, a

drop-down list box appears in the Restore wizard that allows you to choose the node from which to

restore database data. When you use this option, Cisco Unified Communications Manager restores the

publisher database from the database of the chosen subscriber node, and restores all nondatabase

components from the backup file that was selected during the restore process.

If the backup file that you select does not include a database component, the drop-down list box does not

appear.

This feature is intended for situations where you need to restore the user-facing features from the

subscriber node and a backup file for the publisher exists. If no backup of the publisher node exists, this

feature is not available.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, thanks for the swift reply and detailed explanation. much appreciate!  I will go through the link and give a try.  Cheers  Roy