Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Display Outbound ANI based on a group of users

Geo Gon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Is there are way of displaying the outgoing ANI based on a group of users?

Here is the scenario: 

We have an office based in the UK with 5 UK DDIs and we also have an international SIP trunk with 5 French DDIs. 
Each international DDI, represents a department here in the UK, where each user has it's own Local DDI, which in turn, is always displayed as their ANI. 

Now, I need that, when each user makes an international call, I would like to send their international ANI based on their respective departments. 

I know I can change the ANI based on the Ext number (inc wildcards) and also know that we can change the ANI based on the dial number. 

This would be a mix of both. Any ideas?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

If I understand your situation correctly there would be a few possible solutions for what you are trying to accomplish.

One that comes to mind is:

1. Create a separate international partition for each department.

2. Create a separate device CSS for each department containing the department specific international partition (You can copy your existing device CSS and add the new department specific partition to it).

3. Create an international route pattern for each department specific partition. On the international route patterns set the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to the department specific DDI.

This could work for a relatively small number of departments.

Example below with "Sales" and "Marketing" phones.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the Video Over IP community, I suggest you move this to the IP Telephony community.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Discussion moved Jaime, thanks for noting.

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

If I understand your situation correctly there would be a few possible solutions for what you are trying to accomplish.

One that comes to mind is:

1. Create a separate international partition for each department.

2. Create a separate device CSS for each department containing the department specific international partition (You can copy your existing device CSS and add the new department specific partition to it).

3. Create an international route pattern for each department specific partition. On the international route patterns set the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to the department specific DDI.

This could work for a relatively small number of departments.

Example below with "Sales" and "Marketing" phones.

Hi Jonathan, 

Spot on , thanks very much for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: