Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Diverting Call and Voicemail Behaviour

georgehewittuk1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Looking to see if anyone can suggest how this implementation could be possible as I can't find a solution in CUCM.

So External User calls Person A and if there is no answer:-

-> It should then be diverted to Person B (their PA.)

If there is no answer:-

-> Goes to Person A Voicemail.

Any thoughts are appareciated as I don't believe its possible.

Thanks

George

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jamie is right. Set the Call Forward No Answer on Person A's DN to forward to Person B's DN. Then also set, on Person A's DN, the Call Forward No Coverage to send the call to voicemail.

By forwarding a no-answer call to another DN you are engaging in "call coverage". So when Person B does not answer, CUCM will go back to Person A's DN and look at what to do when there is no coverage.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Didn't get the question, sorry ? A does not answer so the call goes to B. If B does not answer you want the call to go to A's voicemail ?

Yes that is what I mean.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a SIP trunk integration to unity connection? If you do then on the SIP trunk you can change this setting:

Under Outgoing calls:

* : Change it from originator to First Number redirect.

Please rate all useful posts

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you don't mention what you use for voicemail, and that is usually configured there.

If you use CUC, that's the default behavior, CUC will use the original called number to find the mailbox, no matter if you forwarded it to someone else, as long as that final party has FW to VM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie is right. Set the Call Forward No Answer on Person A's DN to forward to Person B's DN. Then also set, on Person A's DN, the Call Forward No Coverage to send the call to voicemail.

By forwarding a no-answer call to another DN you are engaging in "call coverage". So when Person B does not answer, CUCM will go back to Person A's DN and look at what to do when there is no coverage.

Yes, it is how it works. Whether I am forwarding to another DN or to a hunt (as you pointed out), I am engaging in call coverage. The CFNC field works the same in both cases. Try it out.

Nope, doesn't work, just tested it.

Phone A calls phone B which has CFA/CFB/CFNA to Phone C, Phone C ONLY has CF no coverage to VM  (no other CF is set).

Phone A never goes to VM, because CF no coverage is not supposed to be used in this call flow.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You don't have the scenario quite right. If Phone B is forwarding to Phone C, then it is Phone B that needs the CFNC setting. It is the one that is requesting coverage.

So set Phone B with CFNA to Phone C. Also set Phone B with CFNC to Voicemail. Then have Phone A call Phone B, let it ring on Phone B and then roll to Phone C. When Phone C does not pick up Phone B's call, it will go to Phone B's voicemail.

Well, **bleep**. I'll admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong here.

I neglected to consider the CNFA status of the phone to which the call was forwarded, which was to VM. And, of course, CUCM sends the original dialed number to UConn so it reaches the correct voicemail box. I guess you're never to old to learn something, eh?