I'm syncing all users from AD and most users are synced without any issue but there are some users don't.
Steps done to solve the issue:
- I perform full sync multiple time without any luck.
- Collected DirSync service logs and searched for one of the missing user ID and didn't find it.
- I'm using LDAP user search base CUCM with DC name only, I tried to create a new directory using OU also but nothing changed.
- Checked the missing users profiles in AD and all of them have last name field.
Could anyone help please.
Thanks in advance.
Check the synced user attribute in LDAP against the unsynced user.
Make sure no two users have same email id. (CSCur55902 if you are on 10.X).
if that doesn't help, Set the LDAP logs to detailed and sync once.
Collect the logs and upload it here, I will try to have a look at it.
Please rate and mark if helpful
First thank you all for you support.
But I tried to sync it one more time after working hours and the missing users appeared!! I don't know how that happened but when I'm syncing in working hours not all users transfer to cucm!!
Also I tested it again today same thing happened. Found one user didn't transfer to cucm and after working hours synced it again and it appeared!
Anyway thanks again for your support and if anyone have an idea about this issue please let me know :)
OK, I'm not sure if this is the case, but if you are adding users during the day and expect to see those users immediately that won't happen, the LDAP sync works at midnight by default, so if you are adding or deleting users or changing passwords or any other attribute, CUCM will not see those changes until the next day.
I already changed the sync time on weekend not every day. But last time I waited one week also performed a manual sync but still didn't find the users but when I performed manual sync after working hours at the same day the users appeared.
I will keep monitor this issue and do more test to see what is issue.
Thanks for your reply my friend.
Please check what is the user attribute you are using to sync the users, make sure the affected users do have that attribute, also, make sure there are no duplicates, and that you are not using special characters, or the string 'eval' on the OU or for the users, see CSCut08386, make sure that you are pointing to the correct parent OU or to the root.