cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

pedroferreras
Level 1
Level 1

HELLO, CAN CISCO UNIFIED CALLMANAGER VERSION 9 SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS  ANY TIME A PHONE GETS REGISTERED OR UNREGISTERED.

THANK YOU.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is possible using the Real Time Monitoring Tool. You will need to enable the alert separately for each server in the cluster.

1. Open RTMT
  2. Go to "System->Tools->Alert->Config Email Server...", and make sure you have good settings in place for CUCM to send email.
  3. Go to "System->Tools->Alert->Config Alert Action...", and make sure you have set up an alert action (a.k.a. an email recipient list) for the people you want to receive the alerts.
  4. Go to Performance
  5. Find "RegisteredHardwarePhones" under "Cisco CallManager" on the first server. Drag it to the Perfmon Counters area.
  6. Left click the graph, then right click the graph, and select "Set Alert/Properties".
  7. Proceed through the alert setup. On the threshold and duration page, I would use "Value Calculated As Delta", and a threshold of "Over 0 OR Under 0" if you want to be notified of every registration change.
  8. On the Email Notification page, select the alert action you created in step 3.
  9. Repeat 5-8 for each Call Manager server.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

You have it set for delta UNDER 1, which means you'll get notified any time there's no change. Try delta OVER 1 instead (or perhaps over 0... over 1 might not include the single-phone change).

-Jameson

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Yes, this is possible using the Real Time Monitoring Tool. You will need to enable the alert separately for each server in the cluster.

1. Open RTMT
  2. Go to "System->Tools->Alert->Config Email Server...", and make sure you have good settings in place for CUCM to send email.
  3. Go to "System->Tools->Alert->Config Alert Action...", and make sure you have set up an alert action (a.k.a. an email recipient list) for the people you want to receive the alerts.
  4. Go to Performance
  5. Find "RegisteredHardwarePhones" under "Cisco CallManager" on the first server. Drag it to the Perfmon Counters area.
  6. Left click the graph, then right click the graph, and select "Set Alert/Properties".
  7. Proceed through the alert setup. On the threshold and duration page, I would use "Value Calculated As Delta", and a threshold of "Over 0 OR Under 0" if you want to be notified of every registration change.
  8. On the Email Notification page, select the alert action you created in step 3.
  9. Repeat 5-8 for each Call Manager server.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson, i tried with this solution but,  in the "value calculated as delta" the high threshold value must be greater than the low value.

If i use an absolute value,  in example : "over 1":, i receive alerts every time the system polls; because the number of registered devices is always grater than one.

What i need is a notification, only when the number of registered phones increase or dicreased, no matter the number of phones registered on the system.

Thank you.

Try with a delta minimum of 1, and no maximum.

-Jameson

when the phone register a i get a notification, but i continue receiving notifications every time time the system polls, no matter i have not register any other phone.

Can you post a screenshot of the threshold and duration page?

-Jameson

Yes, here is

You have it set for delta UNDER 1, which means you'll get notified any time there's no change. Try delta OVER 1 instead (or perhaps over 0... over 1 might not include the single-phone change).

-Jameson

Now is working fine.

Thank you.