Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Group 9.1

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have 3 CUCM in 1 group, 2 nos in HO and 1 no's in DR and in DHCP option 150 contains pub and sub1,sub2, but the IP phone is capable of accepting only 2 tftp, if incase of my pub,sub1 fails ip phones shld failover to sub2 without changing the option 150 in DHCP and refreshing the DHCP scope (i mean to say without manual intervention)

Is it any solution from cisco to accept more than 2 tftp in cisco ip phone or a virtual ip solution where i achieve the failover to DR CUCM

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TFTP and CUCM failover are complete separate things, once phones download their config, they have the 3 CUCM servers they should try to register to.

And no, phones will only take 2 TFTPs, no way around that. Again, I don't see the point of more TFTPs.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

once phones download their config, they have the 3 CUCM servers they should try to register to.

so from your reply what i understand is if pub and sub1 are down still the registered phones will failover to sub2 in DR, but any phone which i will connect to network it will not register becz the tftp details from DHCP what the phone will receive are down.

Correct me if i m wrong.

Thanks

I don't see why you would be adding new phones when you are under such condition...

Not to mention that you would not be able to add any new phones as your PUB is down/unreachable.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime.

ok lets forget about new phone,

so you are saying that if the cucm group contains 3 server, and if pub,sub1 are unreacheable IP phone failover will happen to sub2 in DR becz they are in one cucm group.

please correct.

Thanks

yes

HTH

java

thanks jaime for the confirmation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: