cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM GUI - Am I in the Publisher? What's my IP?

the Q
Level 1
Level 1

For any version of CUCM ...

I have to log into multiple versions of CUCM GUIs to do MACDs, etc.  They are behind NAT, so the address I go to in my browser isn't their real IP, it's the NAT'ed IP.  I want to be sure I am making changes to the publisher of the cluster.  I work off a list, but the list isn't always correct.  I know I can go to the CLI and do 'show network status eth0' (or whatever) but that doesn't really help me much.  It's a pain in the butt and it's in a different window so it's disconnected from my browser.  I want to confirm I'm on the publisher in the same GUI I'm working in.  

If I'm in the CUCM GUI, how can I make sure I'm on the publisher?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If they have CAR enabled, go to serviceability, if you see the option for CAR under tools, you're in the PUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

From CLI , u can run the command utils service list  .At the end of output, u would get Primary Node= True which means u are logged in PUBlisher else it would be FALSE for Subscriber.

Secondly,from GUI, under Call Manager Administration ---system ---Server information , if CTI ID is "1", then it is PUB .

If it is "2" , then it is Subscriber 1  and "3" for Subscriber 2 in the cluster.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I've looked in CUCM v8.5 and v10.5.  I don't see

system>>server information.  Did you mean

system>>server?  I don't see a "CTI ID" in there either though.

hi,

look in "Cisco unified CM".

regds,aman

[+5] to Jaime and Rob.

Please refer the snapshot.

regds,

aman

That still doesn't tell me if the CUCM I am logged into is the publisher, does it? ... It seems to tell me just that the CUCM with that particular name or IP is the publisher, but not if I'm logged into it. 

I can't see the IP in the address bar of the browser because CUCM is NAT'ed. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If they have CAR enabled, go to serviceability, if you see the option for CAR under tools, you're in the PUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

JAVA!  Hello again. 

That's a good method.  I wonder if all our clusters have CAR enabled. Seems like it. 

Nice answer!! 

No CAR??...then dig deeper. 

I think we have a CUCM on version 4, and one on 7, many on 8, a few on 10 and a few on 11. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friends Aman & Java (+5 each!) Once you have determined which is the Pub/Sub for each login, I would configure the Custom login banner to help you on a "go forward" basis;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/29866/display-customized-login-banner-message-cucm

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: