Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/IM&P/Unity Connection 12.5 guest operating system

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have just upgraded an 11.5 deployment of CUCM, IM & P and Unity Connection servers from 11.5 to 12.5.

The operating system used by the virtual machines changes from Red Hat Linux to CentOS 7.

I have tried to change the guest operating system on the VMware host and the only CentOS options listed are CentOS 4/5 or later (64-bit) and  CentOS 4/5 or later (32-bit) 

I have selected the 64-bit option but was wondering why I could not choose CentOS 7 (64-bit) which is an option if I were to create a new VM from scratch.

I do see the statement below in the VMware page for the virtual machine.

Compatibility  ESXi 5.0 virtual machine

I think this machine was originally installed using CUCM 9.x so ESXi 5.0 was probably the original hypervisor version.

The VMware host is a Cisco BE6000M-M5 server running the image VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-14320388-Custom-Cisco-6.7.3.1 

Do I need to worry about the guest OS version? - if yes how do I fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look on BUG-ID "Guest OS type yields an error when deploying OVA"

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have found this article on the VMware site which describes how to update the virtual machine compatibility. Is this the correct procedure to follow for Cisco VMs?

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010675 

Have a look on BUG-ID "Guest OS type yields an error when deploying OVA"

Response Signature

Nithin,

Thank you for that link. I am running VMware ESXi 6.7 and I can change the guest OS to CentOS 7 so I guess that is a new feature since release 5.

John's post also seems to confirm that the issue is cosmetic so I guess it can be left - I do not like seeing nag messages on systems though as customers often pick up on them.

Thanks

James 

john boxold
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCM,CUC,CCX,IMP on a be6kand VMware 6.7.3 and have the same issue. I deployed a new subscriber using a v12 OVA.. I worked with TAC due to a replication issues on the CCX cluster. I was also only able to go to CENT OS 4/6. I know that was not what I was working with the TAC engineer on, but I was told that was cosmetic. 

For my deployments with latest vmwre i do see this warning.  But i don't think there is something to worry about.

Response Signature

Thanks John - it is reassuring to hear what TAC told you