Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/IM&P/Unity Connection 12.5 guest operating system

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have just upgraded an 11.5 deployment of CUCM, IM & P and Unity Connection servers from 11.5 to 12.5.

The operating system used by the virtual machines changes from Red Hat Linux to CentOS 7.

I have tried to change the guest operating system on the VMware host and the only CentOS options listed are CentOS 4/5 or later (64-bit) and  CentOS 4/5 or later (32-bit) 

I have selected the 64-bit option but was wondering why I could not choose CentOS 7 (64-bit) which is an option if I were to create a new VM from scratch.

I do see the statement below in the VMware page for the virtual machine.

Compatibility  ESXi 5.0 virtual machine

I think this machine was originally installed using CUCM 9.x so ESXi 5.0 was probably the original hypervisor version.

The VMware host is a Cisco BE6000M-M5 server running the image VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-14320388-Custom-Cisco-6.7.3.1 

Do I need to worry about the guest OS version? - if yes how do I fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look on BUG-ID "Guest OS type yields an error when deploying OVA"

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have found this article on the VMware site which describes how to update the virtual machine compatibility. Is this the correct procedure to follow for Cisco VMs?

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010675 

Have a look on BUG-ID "Guest OS type yields an error when deploying OVA"

Response Signature

Nithin,

Thank you for that link. I am running VMware ESXi 6.7 and I can change the guest OS to CentOS 7 so I guess that is a new feature since release 5.

John's post also seems to confirm that the issue is cosmetic so I guess it can be left - I do not like seeing nag messages on systems though as customers often pick up on them.

Thanks

James 

john boxold
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCM,CUC,CCX,IMP on a be6kand VMware 6.7.3 and have the same issue. I deployed a new subscriber using a v12 OVA.. I worked with TAC due to a replication issues on the CCX cluster. I was also only able to go to CENT OS 4/6. I know that was not what I was working with the TAC engineer on, but I was told that was cosmetic. 

For my deployments with latest vmwre i do see this warning.  But i don't think there is something to worry about.

Response Signature

Thanks John - it is reassuring to hear what TAC told you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: