Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM integration with MP-114 FXS

Ben Yosef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've had a MP-114 FXS integrated with CUCM, with only 1 port usage.

I want to add another device to the CUCM under the same MP-114, but I cant understand which Mac address should I use.

The MP-114 has only 1 Mac address and its already been used for the first port, so which Mac  address should I use to add another device to the CUCM.

Thanks for helping,

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I went through one of the Audiocodes and captured all of the configuration changes I made. As far as the CUCM goes the third part SIP advanced can accommodate multiple Directory Numbers. The Third Party SIP Basic only allows for 1 DN.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

On what protocol the first port talk to CUCM.

For ATA we follow the below process to add second port, try if this works for you.

You need to fabricate a MAC address for the Phone 2 port by dropping the two left-most digits from the Cisco ATA MAC address and add the digits 01 to the right-most portion of the MAC address.

Example

If the MAC address of the Cisco ATA is 00070EA26032, then the fabricated MAC address for the Phone 2 port would be 070EA2603201.

Response Signature

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The first port is using SIP, I configured it Third-Party SIP Device, now I want to configure another device on CUCM, but I'm trying to understand which Mac address should I use.

I've been trying fabricating the Mac address like we do with ATA, but it doesn't works properly.

Instead of configuring it as a Third party sip device, use it as MGCP. There is a configuration guide for MGCP from audiocodes. Have a look on below link.

https://manualzz.com/doc/2181279/cisco-call-manager-and-audiocodes-mediapack

Response Signature

Did some searching and found this post, https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/audio-codes-mp-114/td-p/3796348

Looks like it would be a fit for you.

Response Signature

Hi,

I've been reading this discussion but it didn't help my problem.

What I'm trying to understand is which Mac address should I configured on CUCM if I'm trying to add another port/device of the MP-114

AFAIK The device does not use the name as such for the registration, as discussed in the other posts. It’s the IP address and port, in combination with the directory number that is used for registration. It does not need to be the MAC address of the device, you should be able to use any name. Recommend you to go back to the posts and read them again.

Response Signature

Thank for your response,

I understand, now it seems to be a new problem, now only one of the port can registered while the other port is unregistered.

Do you know something about it?

No, as I wrote earlier I have no direct experience with this hardware or how to configure it. The other posts looks straightforward from what I can understand. It should be possible to get this to work with the information given.

Response Signature

john boxold
Level 1
Level 1

You can add the Audio Codes MP114 as a third party SIP device (advanced), I think this was in another response. This configuration will require a new user, dn, and digest user per port. I am not sure what type of integration the MP114 will be used for, but I have had issues with t.38 past 3 pages. I worked with TAC and even though the device communicated it was accepting t38, no responses were recieved.  Make sure you associate the DN with the original user created.

Do you know how the MP114 is set to register via gateway or end point mode? I added a file, that is not updated to my configuration but will give you a start.

I did it by your guide, but still, on the CUCM only one device registered.

I think the issue is happening because in the CUCM both of the devices has the same IP address of the MP-114. 

I went through one of the Audiocodes and captured all of the configuration changes I made. As far as the CUCM goes the third part SIP advanced can accommodate multiple Directory Numbers. The Third Party SIP Basic only allows for 1 DN.

Ok, I follow your guide, but still

I'm attaching you my Diagnostics from the Audio Codes MP-114 .

Please let me know if there anything I did wrong.

Thanks for your help so far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: