Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Integration

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

Can i integrate CUCM with Microsoft lync office 365, the client will be lync and it should be able to do call/receive internal/ pstn calls and IM.

the below link says it cannot.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/c81ddbc4-b03c-4c13-84ca-f121549439ce/integration-lync-2013-online-cloud-with-cisco-cucm-91?forum=lyncdeploy

I do not need a CUCI client solution.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, since its not supported by MS. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You cannot, MS has some restrictions with domains in Caller-ID and is totally unsupported. 

George,

I am looking for a solution where we can integrate Cisco CUCM 10.5 with Office 365 in a hosted environment.

There are plenty of options available for CUCM and MS Lync integration (direct sip trunk, mediation server, CUCiLYNC) but i believe this is applicable when Lync is in Managed premises rather than hosted services.

In my Scenario, customer wants an On premise CUCM integration with Hosted Office 365.

thanks

Correct, I tried to go down this path and there is a lot of things you have to do and not worth the effort and had to abandon it. Bottom line is MS wont let you do it, maybe it will change when Skype4B comes around.

Dear George,

thanks for reply

For knowledge purpose can you share with us your thought as per your post

I tried to go down this path and there is a lot of things you have to do and not worth the effort and had to abandon it.

is the below link will make any sense???

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/lync_integration/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_L6E2133B_00_lync-integration-guide-100.html

Thanks

For starters, an on-prem install of Lync FE server as well as Edge server is required. If people are planning to migrate to the cloud, this will be something they would want to invest in.

From testing, I was running into conditions where if the domain of calls coming from CUCM didnt match the domain that was configured on the Lync Online side, calls would not estabilish. I was able to get it working by inserting a Expressway-C with the MS interop key in between and use some CPL to rewrite the source address but then I started running into call back issues/transfer issues/hold issues. I saw some posts about how we could get Lync Online to accept calls from different domains but since I am not the Lync Admin and didnt have sufficient documentation to justify the change, had to abandon it. 

The link you provided makes sense but as I mentioned above, you need an on-prem server and hence why bother. :)

Thanks George

will close the post by rating just want to know 1 question.

there is no official document from Cisco integrating with microsoft lync office 365 ???

thanks

Correct, since its not supported by MS. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: