Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM intercluster trunk and hunt group

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I think I have some concept on what I need to do to get what I want to do but thought it is always a good idea to get your expert advise to validate my plan.

I have two CUCM 10.5 standalone clusters. We have VPN connectivity between those sites. Site A has a hunt group with broadcast call distribution. If nobody picks up the call, it goes to voice mail. Now my management wants to add an extension from Site B into this hunt group so there will be more call coverage or load distribution. My thought is to create ICT between the two clusters and add the extension from site B into the hunt group. Is there any other better way? Do I have to create a ICT trunk? I need to make sure the call goes to voicemail if nobody picks up the call. Thank you for your help on this.

~ Khanal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, when you go to the line group you will notice the only things you can add is actual directory numbers. If the requirement is to ring lets say concurrently or circular between local cluster DN then build one ling group for that, and then the backup is another cluster DN, build DN with single number reach destination pointing to the other cluster and then build second line group with this DN. In your hunt list point to both line groups.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot add extensions from remote cluster into a line group. Your best option would be to use single number reach destination (DN with SNR) that sends the call to the remote cluster across SIP trunk/ICT. By the way if both clusters are on CUCM 8+ use SIP trunk for the integration instead of H323 based ICT.

Appreciate your quick response Chris. Thank you.

Would I be able to create a translation pattern pointing to the remote DID and add that TP into the hunt group? If it works that would be the simplest solution. But assuming the hunt distribution algorithm set to circular, does the call ring at all local DNs as well as remote DID?

No, when you go to the line group you will notice the only things you can add is actual directory numbers. If the requirement is to ring lets say concurrently or circular between local cluster DN then build one ling group for that, and then the backup is another cluster DN, build DN with single number reach destination pointing to the other cluster and then build second line group with this DN. In your hunt list point to both line groups.

Hi Chris, just one more final question before I apply the configuration based on your suggestion. Can I use CTI RP instead of SNR? If your answer is no, can use the remote DN in the same line group and make it ring concurrently with other local DNs?

Another question is if that person does not answer the call in the remote destination (2nd line group in the HL), then does the call go to the common voicemail box defined under FHNA? Thank you very much.

No, because to use CTI RP you would need to setup call forward all on it, but CUCM line groups do not look at call forward settings on member DNs.
Correct, call will go to CFNA on the hunt pilot as long as the ring no answer timer on the DN on second cluster and is longer than "Stop ringing this phone after X seconds to avoid connecting to this phone's voicemail." setting on the remote destination setting.

Hi,

Keep in mind that by default Remote Destination (RD) will ring after 10seconds of ringing the deskphone (in your case hunt-pilot). Check this timer to 0 for the RD to ring immediately with hunt-pilot.

I ran into a small issue now where calls are not going to the common voicemail box. So the situation is that when the call comes into the hunt pilot number, all the extensions including the one in remote cluster (SIP integration and SNR defined based on above description) ring. However, if no one answers the call, it is supposed to go to the voicemail box as defined in the hunt pilot configuration but that is not happening. I have set 'forward unanswered calls to voicemail number" . Looks like it goes to the voicemail box of the remote SNR extension rather. Any idea how this can be fixed.

Thanks, Khanal

You need play around with the SNR timers as I suggested in previous post to ensure the call does not end up in that voicemail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: