Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - LDAP integration

Mateusz Paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have special group on my LDAP server (AD) created - lets say CUCM_IMPORT - for import purposes and some users that belongs to this CUCM_IMPORT group. Is it possible to import such users? I made some tests but with no luck.

In RTMT log i see - Found 0 active users for this agreement in DB

Unfortunalaly I am not able to import users from normal user container as I need to import just selected users.

Please point me into the right direction.

Greetings

/Mat

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can customise the LDAP filter so that only members of the group are imported:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12237526/ldap-filter-exclude-sub-ou

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

First of all make sure you can sync with LDAP by syncing with the a simple OU.

Once you complete that, and you know its functional you will proceed with creating an ldap filter which was introduced in cucm 8.

You will need the OU(Example_OU) is housing the Group(CUCM_IMPORT)

You will proceed with creating the filter.

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) (memberOf=CN=CUCM_IMPORT,OU=Example_OU,DC=company,DC=com))

Summary;

1.) Sync with the the specific OU or the entire Forest(Doesnt matter becuase you will filter it later)

2.) Create a ldap filter:

Filter Name: Filter_Test

Filter* = (&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) (memberOf=CN=CUCM_IMPORT,OU=Example_OU,DC=company,DC=com))

3.) Head back to LDAP Directory Configuration and select Filter_Test under LDAP Customer Filter

This should work./ Good luck.

Use this Doc as a guide.

Please Rate. 

thank you. i think this is what i was looking for!