Helpful
Replies

CUCM - LDAP Query

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt with CUCM LDAP.

Customer is planning to shutdown the current LDAP which is in sync with CUCM and they are going to add a new LDAP server.

I am planning to test the new LDAP server before the old LDAP server shutdown and I am planning to create a new LDAP directory with the new LDAP IP address in CUCM.

My doubt is if I ask the customer to create a test account in the New LDAP server and when I sync from CUCM to checkk if the new LDAP and CUCM is syncing , will it impact the already existing users which has been in the system from the OLD LDAP server.

Thanks

Sathya

4 Replies 4

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this may impact if you are authenticating users from old ldap server. i suspect if you try to sync from new ldap server it may throw an error for duplicate entry in the database of cucm. Probably if possible , you can try synching 2-3 users from new ldap server and check if it throws any error.

Thanks Mohammed.

Varundeep, I am planning to ask the user to create a dummy username in the new ldap server which is not in old server. In that way I can check if the user is sync with CUCM.

I want to make sure if this procedure will not impact the already existing users in CUCM.

Thanks

Sathya

Adding new OUs or a new user to an OU you're already syncing to, has never had any impact on existing users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Their should not be any impact for existing user, From CUCM perspective its just another entry of user in database.