cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM LDAP Sync

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

One of my coworkers mistakenly deleted the LDAP directory information and I re-created it but  am constantly running into issues where synchronized end users do not show the correct permission information and check boxes under Service Settings not checked. I have correct group information under directory information section and there is default feature group template under feature group template. Is there an easy way to get around this issue?   I had to manually update almost 400 end users this afternoon as i could not do bulk update as it was throwing all kinds of error. I would like to fix this issue so that future synchronization will not require manual work.

Thank you for the help,

Khanal

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First thing to do is tell colleaugue to stop touching stuff i that person doesnt fully understand implications.  You can probably do a bulk update on users permissions using bat. Dont forget ldap syncing users and assigning permissions are to separate entities. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the response. Just don't understand why LDAP sync does not add users to the correct control groups as defined in the LDAP Directory configuration page. I have added Standard CCM End Users, Standard CTI Allow control of phones.... and Standard CTI enabled access control groups under Group Information section of LDAP Directory configuration page. However, when I run the sync, it only adds Standard CTI Enabled in end user. 

Thanks,

Khanal

That is only applied when the user is synced for the first time, if you change those settings, they will not be updated for existing users, they will only be applied to new users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie, I am talking about new users being synced from AD. If i have a new hire and i run the manual sync, the end user page for this new hire should have correct access control group information as well as home cluster check box checked defined in LDAP sync configuration page but that is not happening.

Thanks,

Khanal