cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM licence price

andreac81_
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install a CUCM to serve 3.500 users in two server in cluster, approssimatively which is the license price?

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, it's hard to answer this on the forums.  I'm sorry for that but there are many variables.

As for the user costs, it depends primarily on the icensing model you pick - ex: CUWL Basic, CUWL Std, CUWL Pro.

In addition, the list price will be one thing but the price extended to you by your reseller will likely be lower.

You need more than 2 servers for 3500 users.  Once you get over 1000 phones, you need a dedicated Publisher, TFTP Server, and a minimum of 2 Subscribers (1:1 redundancy) - this is specified in the SRND for Cisco UC.

You may want to check with your Cisco AM or trusted Partner to help you spec this out.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for informations. I wrote a wrong users number, the users will be 300. Can I serve them with two server in cluster?

You can definitely provide services to 300 users with a standard CUCM cluster - Pub and Sub.  The Sub will be the primary call processing node and the Pub will be the DB/TFTP and can be the backup call processing node if the Sub is offline.  No problems there.

Another option for you that provides some additional bang for the buck is Business Edition.  It's CUCM BE and you get a single server.  The MCS server from Cisco is sold as a specialized 7828 server that has both CUCM and Unity Connection (voice messaging) coinstalled and supports up to 500 users.  My only issues with BE are that there is no redundancy capabilities.  1 server solution, that's it.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: