Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM licenses issue

ankita123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have uploaded the licenses in CUCM 8.0 .which includes node as well as software licenses.

But after upload also in the license unit report the software license version is showing as DEMO.

I have also restarted the CUCM server and services still the status is same.

Please suggest .

Regards

Ankita Vig

6 Replies 6

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

How did you get the licenses... Are they upgrade's or is this a fresh install?

Are you sure you entered the MAC adress of the publisher correctly?  Remember the licensing tool doesnt want commas in the mac address just a string of 12 digits.

You can do some dump throught RTMT to see the specific errors.

Chad

Hi,

I have entered the Mac address correctly.

License are upgrade licenses and i got them from Cisco Licensing Team.

Ankita

Ankita,

Since this is an upgrade you need to get the Software upgrade license pak registered with the mac of pub as well. This pak should have been mailed to you from PUT tool where you ordered the upgrade disks...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Can you post the license here so I can look at it?

TAC / Licensing consistenly messes up upgrade licensing!  I am guessing they gave you a PAK key trough th PUT Tool?

Was this also new hardware?  If that was the case you need to register your upgrade PAK which you did, but ALSO you must call and have them rehost your original license file... the 2 combined will work..

Last question this isn't a UCS install is it?  If it is you must you the virtual Lcense mac, not the actual mac.

Cheers,

Chad

Hi,

It is a new hardware and it is not a UCS install.

Ankita

If you are upgrading from a previous version by doing a new install onto new hardware then you still need to get an upgrade license.  For example, let's say you order an upgrade SKU to migrate from 4.x to 8.x.  This is not a direct upgrade so when you register the PAK, the SW feature version in the license file will be 7.0 but if you have installed 8.x directly then the SW version will read as "Demo".  You still need to order the 7.0 to 8.0 upgrade license via the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT).  You will receive a separate PAK for this order and can register it to get an upgrade license which will resolve the issue.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!