cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Locations

martynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all hope you are well.  I have a question about locations and the best practice when configuring them in CUCM.  We have a number of sites around our network that connect at either 10 or 100mbps, there are around 90 10meg sites and 30 100meg sites.

Would you set-up locations for each site or just two locations; one for a 10meg link and one for the 100meg linked sites, what do Cisco Recommend?

Look forward to your replies.

Martyn.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Martyn,

First if all the CAC in cisco ip telephony relay on your network topology if it's hub and spoke topology ( same apply on sites connected to same ISP mpls provider ) then location based CAC can work for you if it's multi tier topology then you need to then about something more topology aware like CAC with GK or RSVP

Now i will assume your case is the hub and spoke or all sites connected to the same mpls cloud

In this case you need to have a location per site as the amount of bandwidth you allocate per location will be the max number of calls at the same time in and out of that location so you can not not put tow sites in one location is this will be not topology aware and the calculation will be in correct

Also make sure that max number of calls/bandwidth per site aligned with the network qos config and the amount of bandwidth allocated for voice

See the bellow link for more details and understanding

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/cac.html#wp1044884

Hope this help

If helpful rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Martyn,

First if all the CAC in cisco ip telephony relay on your network topology if it's hub and spoke topology ( same apply on sites connected to same ISP mpls provider ) then location based CAC can work for you if it's multi tier topology then you need to then about something more topology aware like CAC with GK or RSVP

Now i will assume your case is the hub and spoke or all sites connected to the same mpls cloud

In this case you need to have a location per site as the amount of bandwidth you allocate per location will be the max number of calls at the same time in and out of that location so you can not not put tow sites in one location is this will be not topology aware and the calculation will be in correct

Also make sure that max number of calls/bandwidth per site aligned with the network qos config and the amount of bandwidth allocated for voice

See the bellow link for more details and understanding

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/cac.html#wp1044884

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Lots of work to be done here, only one location is configured along with one partition, one CSS and one region.

Many fun hours ahead of me.

Thanks for you time, reply and link.

Martyn.