Helpful
Replies

CUCM log storage space

Karthika
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to get some idea regarding call manager log storage :

We have CUCM version 11.5 and would like to know how many days of logs the call manager can store.

I completely understand it is based on the "Trace Output settings" and based on the call volumes.

But i just need a approximate calculation on "how many days of logs we would be able to see or in turn what would be the last time stamp we can see from the logs".

IS it possible if anybody can help me on the same?

From Trace settings:

Maximum No. of files :  750

Maximum File settings : 10 MB

Thanks In Advance!

Karthika

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you just said, it depends on call volume, no one size fits all answer to that question. When I was in TAC, some systems would hold just about a day due to the call volume. Look at your system to tell how far it goes with your usual load and that will be your answer  

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my experience.

we have done some analytics, since our CUCM as VM, We have configured storage as a decent start with 1 TB.

we are continuously monitoring the space every day and weekly and monthly basis, like we did for 3 months and come to conclusion of average disk space we need for the setup.

1. again we need to consider organisation standards, how long we need to keep logs for governance.

2. can we offload any other place like back up.

3. We need to also do life cycle process if any of the call volume increases.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ardugar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am answering this assuming you are referring to "Cisco call manager traces".

It will very much depend upon the call volume but you can run the below command on each node in your cluster to check the number of trace files and the date/time they were generated. The latest file generated will be at bottom and the oldest file at the top. This will give you general idea how many files your system can store before being overwritten.

file list activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdl/ dat det