Helpful
Replies

CUCM Meet-me conference with greeting

Cisco Kbsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Good day to you all,

We have requirement of configuring Meet-me conference with a greeting. We have CUCM 10 and CUC 10 installed. I have seen that CUC can be used to provide a authenticate for Meet-me conference. Our requirement is playing a greeting when joining a conference.  Does anyone knows a workaround for this?

Also as I can see when we are doing this there will be Meet Me number to initiate the conference and some other nmber to join the conference. But with this customer may be confuse?

Any comets regarding this

Thanks

2 Replies 2

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

The first person to join the Meet-me conference needs to actually press the Meet-me softkey and dial the Meet-me number. Additional users can go through a Call handler in CUC to hear a greeting first and then be transfered to the Meet-me number. If you want to use the same number for all of the users you need to create a new partition that is only assigned to the CSS of user who starts the Meet-me conference and assign the Meet-me numbers to this new partition. (The new partition needs to be listed higher in the list of partitions in the new CSS). Then create a route pattern in the normal internal partition that everyone has access to and forward that to CUC.

The VM trunk or Route Points need to have the new CSS that includes the new partition that has the actual Meet-me numbers in it so callers can be transferred to the conference.

You may want to try the 3rd party app from cisco solution partners.

Like this one - http://aurus5.com/phoneup/conference/