Helpful
Replies

CUCM missing 183 session progress

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Please find the attached snaps.

For International calls we are getting Timeout and S4B (skyp for  business) is terminating this call.

If we compare the call scenario for local calls we are getting 183 from Cisco after trying, while for International calls we are not getting 183 which cause Mediation server to Timeout the international call.  

Please help to troubleshot this option on Cisco side why we are not getting option 183 for international calls?

Thanx

23 Replies 23

Sorry, by CUBE I meant your VG.

HI Chris Deren,

How could try Early Offer from  CUCM to Gateway ?

Thanks

You are not asking your telco the right question. This is what I mentioned in my earlier post..

++ Telco didnt respond to the call and about 9sec after CUCM sends a CANCEL because it receives a CANCEL from Skype ++

The question you should be asking is why are they not responding to the call after a long time. 9sec is a long time to respond to a setup request.

Alternatively check if international calls via CUCM takes the same mount of time to complete. If it does, then consider increasing the skype SIP timers so that the calls do not disconnect before it is processed by telco. But 9sec is a long time, find out from them why...

With Telcos, you need to have your proofs. Send them logs with the time your gateway send the SETUP request and the time skype released the call..High light the long delay in responde from them

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,

I worked with Telco and shared VG logs, below is  reply,

"For the successful call the call is being disconnected only after you disconnected the call.

For the failed call your device send DISCONNECT signal after 9 seconds the SETUP message is sent.

Please note that the successful call also has taken more than 9 seconds to establish but the DISCONNECT signal was not sent from your end. Since this is happening only for international calls through Skype please check with your internal setup."
Regards,

Now that makes sense. It appears that international calls takes a longer time to connect from your telco and therefore you need the skype team to adjust their SIP timers for INVITE to longer than 9sec

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji Okanlawon,

Skype team do not have such option on SFB . Please any thing need to change on cucm side ? 

Hi guys

Someone known how was solved this issue???

Does anyone know how to fix this issue??? Finally, the bottom line is that the cloud dropped the calls by missing the 183 session-in-progress response on time.

Can you also post "show run" from your voice GW?

Hi Chris,

Please find the attached show run ..

Regards,