Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM native queuing (11.5)

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have configured a hunt pilot with native queuing and MoH with initial and periodic announcement. All this works fine. 

What we want is when nobody is logged in (HLOG button) the call should go to an external number. For this I have enabled "When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered:" and configured an external number with the correct Calling Search Space (sure about that)

When all members logged out (which I check with the SQL run command) and we place a call to the hunt pilot, the call is going to be queued and not diverted to an external party.

Anyone seen that? Seems there are similar issues mentioned on the Cisco forums, but no solution, or a hint what might be wrong

CUCM version 11.5.1.12900-21

Thanks

JH

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi JH,

This is something that has been banded about for a long time.  Put simply, for some strange reason you can't set an external number in this field.  It has to be one of the following.

• A hunt pilot DN with queuing either enabled or disabled
  • A voicemail DN
  • A line DN
  • A shared DN

Please see the below documentation for more information.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151_chapter_01001101.html

I would try configuring a Translation Pattern that goes to the external number.  If the TP doesn't work you would need to configure a DN that's set to forward to the external number.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Rob

Hi,

We have seen that when you create CUCM native queuing, and you test it with IP phones all works perfectly. Problems arise when you include a gateway. We started with an ISR4321 gateway with 4 BRI interfaces under MGCP control. The problem we faced with this was that we didn't hear the initial prompt but were directly connected to an agent. Only after ticking the "Connect Inbound Call before Playing Queuing Announcement" on the BRI configuration page we heard the initial prompt. This is very well documented on Cisco website: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/210537-Native-Call-Queueing-Enhancement-in-CUCM.html

But we never heard the MoH, just silence, but we were queued correctly and connecting to free agents.

Whatever we tried it didn't work, so finally we abandoned MGCP and switched to SIP. This solved almost everything, we heard the initial prompt, we heard the MoH, we heard the periodic prompt and we were connecting to free agents.

The last we need now is to transfer to a backup call center when all phones are unregistered or not logged into the line group, for this we have to fill in the option "When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered" But when we filled in an external number or internal DN, and the agents were all logged out of line group, the call would still queue, never it would transfer. Very sure agents were logged out, checked it with CLI "run sql" command. Finally this was solved when I ticked the "Media Termination Point Required" on the SIP trunk. Now calls are diverted to an external number when all logged out.

Unfortunately this now done also when all agents are busy, so no queuing, just diverting. This is not what we want of course, so for the moment I removed the diversion.

In my LAB I did a test with IP phones only and all works perfectly, as it did with the customer. Only when adding the ISR4321 with 4 BRI's all went a little misty

Maybe someone has similar experience, or has maybe an idea why we have this?

Thanks

Jan

Hi Jan
We like to do something similar, just without a last forward to an external number.
Actually, we have an ISDN Gateway who is connected with SIP to the CUCM and we want to play for a couple of people the "Your call will be recorderd..." Announcement, but not for all people and only for external callers.
I was reading multiple documents as well as different posts about this native Queuing with a Hunt Pilot but I did not understand how to configure it. I mean, how you did it to forward the call directly to the Hunt Pilot and after the Announcement, how you passed it to the right person.
Can you explain me that a bit more detailed please?
Thank you very much for your answer.
Kind regards,
Pascal Blumenthal

JH, I am using the same version of CUCM and I have a Hunt Pilot setup using queuing.  Right now when all of the Line Group members are busy, the call goes to the queue and hears MoH.  Once a Line Group members frees up they get the call from the queue.  This all works fine for internal calls.  The problem, I am having is when the queued call is an external caller.  Once the Line Group member picks up the queued external call, the Line Group member cannot hear any audio; external call can hear the Line Group member though.  I'm reaching out to you because it looks like you had success setting up this part at your end, just wondering if you ran into this problem at all.  Thanks, VF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: