Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Native Queuing when no hunt members logged in

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Running CUCM 10.5.2.  From what I understand, when no members are logged into a queue, it will never queue the call.  It only queues when members are logged in, but on the phone. 

Anyone have a way around that?  Or heard of any potential changes down the road?  I would prefer it queue a call in this hunt group, rather than overflow. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friends Chris & Java (+5 each!)

You can track this Enhancement request via;

Another option for Call queuing option when no agents are logged in
CSCur52331

Symptom:
Call queuing feature on the CUCM requires at least one agent to be logged in for the initial greeting to be heard, if no agents are logged in the option available is:

When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered:
Disconnect the call
Route the call to this destination

Customer would like to have another option, i.e., even if no agents are logged in he should hear the periodic greeting and once an agent becomes available the caller should hear an initial greeting and then the call should be routed to the agent or to the queue. this is similar to the option B-ACD available on CME for queuing

Conditions:
when none of the agents of the line group are logged in for call queuing. 

Last Modified:
Mar 8,2015
Open
Severity:
6 Enhancement
Product:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
Support Cases:

Cheers!

Rob 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's the way the feature works. If there's nobody to take the calls, they don't go to the queue.

If you want to submit a PER, reach your AM so they can help you with that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the hunt pilot check out the "When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered:" section under native queue, where you have the following options:

Disconnect the call

or 

So, you are correct call will not queue, why would you want to queue a call if there is nobody capable to answer it? This would only lead to unhappy callers.

One workaround would be to send it to another hunt pilot where one of the line groups members is always logged in.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friends Chris & Java (+5 each!)

You can track this Enhancement request via;

Another option for Call queuing option when no agents are logged in
CSCur52331

Symptom:
Call queuing feature on the CUCM requires at least one agent to be logged in for the initial greeting to be heard, if no agents are logged in the option available is:

When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered:
Disconnect the call

Customer would like to have another option, i.e., even if no agents are logged in he should hear the periodic greeting and once an agent becomes available the caller should hear an initial greeting and then the call should be routed to the agent or to the queue. this is similar to the option B-ACD available on CME for queuing

Conditions:
when none of the agents of the line group are logged in for call queuing. 

Last Modified:
Mar 8,2015
Open
Severity:
6 Enhancement
Product:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
Support Cases:

Cheers!

Rob 

Thank you all! +5s

Yes, I know it seems odd.  But this request comes from a previous Mitel IVR user that had this functionality.  A call would queue, and even if no one was logged in, would follow normal queue routing rules (like a timer limit).  They could also use existing monitoring tools to alert them to a call in queue, so they would make sure someone logged in.

Already an enhancement request -- perfect!

I have tested a scenario and can’t seem to figure why this only works after a reset:
CUCM 9.1.2
2 Hunt Groups - Broadcast, Same Members in both Groups, Try next member, then next group
Auto Logout on No Answer

1 Hunt List
1 Hunt Pilot

Call placed to HP rings both phones till no answer kicks in, then call goes to “When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered” destination. But when I reset the Hunt List and call the Hunt Pilot back, it rings both phones, logs them both out and queues the call. I can then HLOG back in and take the call in queue. I can only get this to work after a reset of the Hunt List. I need it to do it each time and not just after a reset.

Having the same issue coming from a Mitel system. Customer has to have the same functionality but it looks like the Enhancement request has been terminated.

That's very disappointing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: