Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - No ringtone when transfer between extensions

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

We have CUCM V11. The call flow is simple one. Calls from customer to SIP VG then to CUCM extensions.

We noticed that when a customer calls the DID, the caller hears the ringtone and when that user transfers the call to another extension the caller hears the MOH and after that blank till the other user picks the call. The caller does not hear the ringing tone while transferring between extensions.

Can anyone share the thoughts on what things to be checked. I have checked the MRG and it has annunciator.

Thanks

Sathya

6 Replies 6

R M
Level 1
Level 1

What you're describing is called ringback. If ringback isn't present, check to make sure an MTP is available in the MRGLs. Is "Media Termination Point Required" checked on the gateway configuration in CUCM?

I think that is the lack of an annunciator, not the lack of an MTP. Does the PSTN gateway have an annunciator in its MRGL?

Hi,

Ringback I mean the ring which we hear when calling someone.

When I call the extension DID , I can hear the ringing sound but when I ask them to transfer to another extension I can hear MOH then it is blank till the person picks the call.

Thanks

Sathya

Try MTP

Thanks. Yes MTP is already set.

We have 2 CUCM cluster.

The call comes through the same Gateway and based on the Called number the GW forwards the call to Cluster A or Cluster B.

If the call is for Custer A all works good , but when the call goes to Cluster B then the ringing issue happens.

Thanks

Sathya

Roel Espe
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem. Made sure annunciator is in MRGL and service parameter is set to use ANN for ring back. However that did not work. The fix for me was to change the device pool network locale to none or to the one I installed. I'm in Australia and I installed the GB/UK locale. However, on the DP I chose Australia and that did not work. After changing it to United Kingdom I am now getting ring back.