7 Replies 7

CUCMCenter26681
Level 1
Level 1

Any Help Please

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, if DHCP configured on your CUCM server and you want a Cisco phone to obtain an IP address from it?

A device such as a phone will get IP address from any DHCP server defined for that subnet by sending out a broadcast asking for DHCP or if one is not defined within the broadcast domain it will look for ip helper address.  How is the switch that your phone is connected to configured for DHCP? 

Hello Chris Deren    &    Thank you

So My Switch is with no any configuration (Dummy)

and I have tried to connect My IP Phone to My PC (VMWare) directly but same Issue

Thank you  So Much

How is your phone connected to the VMware?  What is suppose to provide the DHCP here?

Do yourself a favor and do it correctly.  Configure DHCP scope somewhere, i.e. switch, home router, CUCM, incude option 150 in the scope pointing to the CUCM TFTP server, and connect the phone to a switch directly. Let it pull the IP address from the DHCP scope along with the option 150 so it can talk to CUCM.

I Mentioned Previously That I Configured DHCP Server and DHCP Client on CUCM

It Suppose that's Enough to push dhcp for VoIP that connected Directly

Thank you for your help

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You didn't mention if you activated the DHCP service or not, and it's off by default.

Go into CUCM > Serviceability > Tools > Service Activation > DHCP Monitor Service

Hello Anthony
and thank you for your reply
I Already Activated DHCP Monitor Service