cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM on Vmware

tkavithas87
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install CUCM in Vmware.when installing server , the following  errors occur.

1.It doesnt identify the gateway

2.It doesnt have access to NTP server

PC Network  Ip address 10.1.3.10

gateway 10.1.3.1

CUCM address 10.1.3.100

NTP Server 10.1.3.1

when i ping the gateway from pc cmd,can able to ping

NTP server also accessible(Already there is a server(CUCM) running on the same PC.This cucm has access to ntp server and this cucm can able to ping the gateway aswell)

Thanks

kavi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

what is the network adapter setting for the CUCM which working properly,  do u want both the CUCM on the same network, then use the same config as the one working.

cheers,

shaggy

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the network/adapter setting on your vmware? Are you using bridged or private host? If you are using private host, have you configured your host adaptern network to be in the same ip range as your vmware cucm server?

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

hi aokanlawon,

I dont understand the vmware setting (briged or private).could you explain.

thanks

Could some one help me with this

thanks

Hi Kavithas

Where did you try to install the CUCM.wHERE IS LOCATED THE VM

Also did you use the ova file from vm from cisco?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

The VM is located on the pc itself.

What type of vmware are you using. I assumed you are using vmware workstation or vmware player..

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

HI

I am using VMware workstation

So have you configured the VMware settings? On one of the TABS you should virtual machine settings. Scroll to Network adapter, select host only. Then go your pc and in your network adapter section, look for the vmware network adapter vmnet1. Assign an ip address in the same network as your cucm server. If you want you can make this your gateway

There is a cucm running already on the vmware.For that i set the vmware setting(vmware network adapter0 is mapped to pc newrk adapter).It is been working.now I am trying to install another server on the same vmware workstation.I am having problem here.what setting should I do for this?

Hey,

what is the network adapter setting for the CUCM which working properly,  do u want both the CUCM on the same network, then use the same config as the one working.

cheers,

shaggy

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

First thing I'd ask is did you install the OVA?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Kavithas,

What is your version of VMWare Workstation?

This is a screenshoot for VMWare version 7 and it works well.

If it is useful please rate.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: