Replies

CUCM Pub and Sub IP Change

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Need your advice.

CUCM: 10.5 (1)

I am currently doing hostname and IP change on my 3 nodes. Done doing the hostname and IP change on Pub.

Next is the Sub, hostname and IP change was successful however, when I checked from PUB the utils dbreplication runtimestate, I can still the old name but I can see from show tech network hosts on PUB that it populated the new name of the SUB.

I followed the document so not sure if there is missing or what. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

Flo

4 Replies 4

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Reboot the whole cluster once more and check again.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

jferris1979
Level 1
Level 1

As HARIS_HUSSAIN  mentioned you could try a full reboot and see if that lines things backup but to be honest I've never had luck changing the ip/hostname of cucm servers even when following the guide.  Every time I've done it, I ended up having to open a TAC case and they needed to login as root and fix the host file and some other things.    The IP and hostname are referenced in many places and it doesn't seem to update them all correctly.  Most of the time for a subscriber I'll opt to blow it away and just rebuild it with the new IP.  

Thanks for your replies. I tried to do full reboot on the cluster but still no good. What I did was I changed the IP address first, then once done, change the hostname. Kind of double work but it was successful. Had to coordinate with the DNS team to change the entries again and again.

If the entries are not updating, you can try to run through repairing the database and replication.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Its a very sensitive and tricky aspect, so if you are not 100% comfortable working with the dbreplication, I highly suggest opening a TAC case for assistance. I know I have even blown up a database and entire cluster by being over confident.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: