cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Pub Sub syncronization

sflanagan
Level 1
Level 1

So I am having trouble finding an article that gives me a clear answer. I have a pub and a sub. The sub goes down. I continue to make changes to the pub. when the sub comes back up, will it sync with the pub?

I have seen implied articles that say yes. I have seen articles that say that you cannot make changes to the sub when the pub is down. I have seen articles that say to re-install the sub into the cluster if the sub comes from another cluster. However I haven't seen anything that explains what happens if the sub is down for an extended period of time what happens if it joins the cluster.

Anyone hazard a guess? or seen this type of senario?

Thanks,

Stephen

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) Correct

2) When Pub is lost all config changes are unavailable, except for user facing changes such as call forward on the phone, etc. If CUCM Pub can be revived then all should sync up, if you need to rebuild the Pub you can either rebuild it and restore from DRS or restore it from Sub database if you are on version 8.6+. 

its not the pub that was lost. it was the sub that was lost.

If it is sub that is lost and you need to restore it, you have couple of option:1

1. rebuild it and restore from DRS just like you would a Pub

2. rebuild it and upload any custom files manually, i.e. MOH files, TFTP files, firmware upgrades, etc.

You will want to make sure database replication is good after adding the server back. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add something, " I have seen articles that say to re-install the sub into the cluster if the sub comes from another cluster."

If you mean you had a server in cluster A and now you want to move it to cluster B, yes, you need to reinstall it, all the sync agreements are created upon installation, that has always been the case.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

then that means if I turn this sub on then it should sync with the pub and everything should be groovy.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: