Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM publisher and subscriber

Hy

I would like to know a few things about CUCM publisher and subscriber

1.What is the time interval for a publisher to sync with its subscriber ?

2.  If i am having a publisher and 4 subscribers and i find that one of the  subscriber is not able to update its database what would be the  possible cause for the problem

Thanks in advance

Regards

P.Vishvak

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The answer to the first question would be it depends, on how many items are in your database, the bandwidth and latency of the links between servers, the server models (CPU, RAM, etc) of each server.  As for the second question what type of update are you doing, user facing features update differently than say adding a phone to the database.  More information on this can be found here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672.  How are you verifying that you cannot update the database on the one problem subscriber?

can a replication error occur because fo the version  mismatch between publisher and subscriber ??

kindly help me out

Thanks in advance

P.Vishvak

You should not have a version mismatch. You upgrade all the servers in a single maintenance window.

If you upgrade the publisher, but not the subscribers, then yes - they will not replicate.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hy all

will this be solved by checking the status int the servers by issuing the command utils dbreplication status and if all the subscribers show 3 then it means its ok and if it is not then we have to drop all the table and then resync publisher with all subscribers please do tell me if this is the correct answer

First of all what's the full version of CUCM you're running?  As Aaron mentioned make sure the servers are not running different versions (from the command line with "show status").  If the servers are on different versions stop there and get them onto the same version.  If you are on a later 7.1 version, you can check replication run from the command line of the publisher "utild dbreplication runtimestate".  This will tell you everything you need to know about the state and what replication is currently doing.

tanks for the tip off joe but i am running the same version of  CUCM i cheked it earlier itself