Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Quick User/Phone Add: "Line 1 on Device"

Marc Richter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm just playing around with the Quick User/Phone add in Callmanager 10.5 to make the specific user phone setup easier for our System Engineers. We're using extension mobility so the normal setup for a new employee is:

• Set up the Phone
  • Set up the User Device Profile
  • Set End user stuff

With the Quick User/Phone add I've managed so far to correctly create the phone with all the settings. The end user is managed via several LDAP Filters (for user locale for example), the User Device Profile creation is also working fine but the only thing I don't have a clue is how to set the "Line 1 on Device" at the UDP. Normally our company uses the personal name there, and If you leave it empty just your extension is shown there, which is the case in my setup.

Any suggestions? In my opinion this need to be changed in the "Universal Line Template" but there isn't such setting. (on the page layout everything is set to: visible)

Thanks a lot in advance

regards

Marc

6 Replies 6

You need to go to the device profile, then select Line [1] - 1444 and at the bottom you will have Display name and ASCII name if I'm not mistaken, put the name "mark" in this case and thats should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Reference1

Hi Rolando,

this would be the correct way if you'd like to manually assign this information, but i'd like to have done this by the automatism. For example in the Alerting Name you can choose the wildcard "#FirstName# #LastName#" and the information is provided by the Active Directory synchronized user. I'm looking for such setting, but just for the Line 1 on Device information.

Thanks

Marc

Oops, sorry Marc for missing that important part.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to do it, but I will try to find additional information in the afternoon.

See ya later.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Ahhh I just found the proper setting. It ssome kind of tricky :)

Go to the "Universal Device Template" for the User Device Profile and expand the "Phone Buttons Configuration" part. There you should see the "Line 1" setting, which are editable!

Once in Edit modus you can put in the variables "#FirstName# #LastName#" on the Line Label and Display (Caller ID). Save and test again

Awesome!!! we learned something new today :)

Glad that you were able to solve it!!!

Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Thank you for posting this! I've been looking for this info for a long time! I kept looking under the Line template! I had pretty much given up on using the quick add feature because I always had to go back into the device to make the settings work the way I wanted.  This is perfect!  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: