cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM "feature ring" (like CUCME button 1f1)

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I'm new to CUCM. Within CUCME you can configure your lines with numbers and specify normal lines, overlays and various others. One thing specifically is the feature ring option as listed in the title. With this, in CUCME the phone plays a "chirp chirp chirp" ringtone instead of the default when the DN rings. Specifically, that ring tone is what I am after, but for the CUCM implementation.

I've gone to my CUCME system and listened to every ringtone but I cannot see the "feature" ring listed. This leads me to think that   this is played some other way.

So I have a dummy CUCM and CUCME system, both functional. How do I replicate the "feature ring" from CUCME onto CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony

The way this works is that it's not a seperate, discrete ring tone file. It's the same ring tone, played multiple times. E.g. for an internal call, it plays once ("chirp"). External calls ring twice ("chirp chirp"). Feature ring plays three times ("chirp chirp chirp").

It's more obvious if you select a criminal ring tone such as 'Are you there?'.

So if you wanted to replicate that one CUCM, you could take 'chirp' and copy/paste it in Audacity or another wav editor so that it repeats three times. Beware that as explained above, whatever you create would be duplicated twice (e.g. 6 chirps for three) if an external call comes in.

Other options are:

- You could deliver calls requiring 'feature' ring to a seperate line, and set a different tone entirely on that line (or a a customer triple chirp)

- You could deliver calls requiring 'faeture' through a hunt group, and use the hunt alerting name feature to display some promtp text on the phone instead of relying on sounds.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

You can have customer ring list in CUCM with following procedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsrings.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks Ronak,

Is that the only option?

How can I obtain the special tone used in the feature ring from CUCME and use it on CUCM? Or can I enable it within CUCM already?

Hi,

In Ip phone, we have two types of ring. One is defualt and second is custom added rings.

Default one you will get it by default without any configuration.

But if you want customer rings to be played when incoming call comes, then you will have to configure CUCM like mentioned in above link.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

So it is the same as CUCME, then?

What I am getting at is how do we select "feature ring" like we can do it CUCME?

I don't wish to create and add custom ring tones per se.

Hi Tony

The way this works is that it's not a seperate, discrete ring tone file. It's the same ring tone, played multiple times. E.g. for an internal call, it plays once ("chirp"). External calls ring twice ("chirp chirp"). Feature ring plays three times ("chirp chirp chirp").

It's more obvious if you select a criminal ring tone such as 'Are you there?'.

So if you wanted to replicate that one CUCM, you could take 'chirp' and copy/paste it in Audacity or another wav editor so that it repeats three times. Beware that as explained above, whatever you create would be duplicated twice (e.g. 6 chirps for three) if an external call comes in.

Other options are:

- You could deliver calls requiring 'feature' ring to a seperate line, and set a different tone entirely on that line (or a a customer triple chirp)

- You could deliver calls requiring 'faeture' through a hunt group, and use the hunt alerting name feature to display some promtp text on the phone instead of relying on sounds.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks again Aaron, now you have pointed that out to me it does make sense!

I did some searching online and pulled a ringtone file from an online resource where someone has already done this. I really only wanted the "24" ringtone and couldn't see how I could achieve it. It's a little surprising that the feature ring is not implemented in CUCM, which is why I posted here.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: