Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Redundancy

alshahiry
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have two Cisco Call Managers want them to work as redundany for my Cisco IP phones. Essentially I install them as a 1st node server and both are upoloaded with Node and IP phones licenes to ensure hardware/software redundany as per the requirements. Now on the DHCP pool created for this network i do mention both CCMs IP addresses as TFTP1 and TFTP2.

Now each IP phone had both TFTP servers but the wired issue that this scenario worked normally with one clinet as when i disconnect the 1st CCM it takes 1 minute and 2nd CCM hanlde the whole IP phones while my other client it does not work. Kinldy is there any paremeters should i take care of and check, kinldy advise?

Thanks.

21 Replies 21

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

What is the CUCM version u are using?

Did u check for DB replication?

What u are trying to say IP phone registered with one serverA  in a cluster does not switch to second server B when A is switched off ? Please confirm.

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Both CUCMs version is 8.5.1. How I can check the database replication?

Confirmed, essentially now ALL IP phones are registered with the 1st CUCM while they do not switched and get register under 2nd CUCM when 1st CUCM get off or disconnected, advise?

Thanks.

Hi,

Run the command through CLI under OS Administration

utils dbreplication runtimestate

or

from Cisco Unfiied Reporting---select databse status report and generate report and check for the Count .It should be 2

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

share the snapshot.

regds,

aman

Also which redundancy are you testing? TFTP or CM?

Dear Vadym,

I'm testing the TFTP, Thanks.

Dear Aman,

Attached is the snap shoot for both CUCM 1 and 2, Advise?

hi,

This means u have two different clusters with Publisher each .

Please correct me .

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

confirm as I"m only trying to do redundat TFTP severs that mean two CUCMs that each IP Phone can use as a hardware redundat, thanks.

Hi,

Is your second call manager server 172.16.4.12 reachable from network where IP phone are connected?

Can u try pinging from CUCM OS Administration page  any of the IP phones?

Secondly, is Call Manager service running on server along with enough licenses u have on the second server ?

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Both CUCM servers are reachable through network

All IP phones are reachable and pinging is successfully.

Both CUCMs have the same enough IP phones licenses can cover the needs.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can u share the DHCP config? When one first server is switched off ,do u find second  CM IP on IP phone like Call Manager 1 and Call Manager 2

Also, can u try entering static IP address on one IP phone with second TFTP IP and check?

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

DHCP Pool Configuration as below:

ip dhcp pool Voice

network 172.16.4.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 172.16.4.10

option 150 ip 172.16.4.11 172.16.4.12

lease 7

On IP Phone i can see that TFTP1 = 172.16.4.11 and TFTP2 = 172.16.4.12 while i can see CCM1 = 172.16.4.11 while CCM2 is empty, advise?

Hi ,

CCM2 is empty beacuse it is different cluster.

CCM1 would be showing as Active on IP phones.

Can u try configuring one IP phone with static and check or in dhcp pool make first option as 172.16.4.12 instead of .11 ?

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

I tried bu the Call Manager 1 and 2 can not be edited just for viewing!? If I start the TFTP with .12 and .11 i can work only with the 1st IP address and 2nd one is inactive, kinldy advise?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: