bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

We have following installed in our campus,

CUCM 7.1

Right Fax

cisco Voice gateway

Users have IP Phone and a fax DN configured on Right fax system, basically the Phone DN and Fax no. for the respective users are same.

I wants to  configure my system in a way that any incoming call comes if its a fax should goes to right fax server and if its a phone call should ring the

ip phone.

Any one who done this, pls share the configuration.

tnx

Bobby

11 Replies 11

Hi Robby

1) GW will send the calls to right fax directly znd vise versa throught h323(specific dial peers for that) and also assign the gw ip into right fax for h323 config

2) Different dial peers for cucm

Example dial peer for right fax

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description Dial-Peer to Fax Server

preference 1

destination-pattern 50.. (50xx are the extensions into right fax)

session target ipv4:172.30.0.40 (Right fax ip)

incoming called-number ....

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711alaw

fax-relay ecm disable

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

no vad

!

Example dial peer for CUCM

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description Dial-Peer to CUCM

preference 3

destination-pattern [234]... (CUCM EXTENSIONS)

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:172.1.1.1  ( IP OF CUCM)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

no vad

!

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hello Chrys,

My Ip phone and Fax uses the same DN,

For eg; User A has Ip phone Extn:100

His Fax.No. also will be 100.

I need if a fax tone hitting the gateway it should delivered to Right Fax, respective Fax.no.

and if its normal call, it should ring the phone.

Not sure with the above config this work?

tnx

Hi

Tried it.You dont loose anything

I have many issues with the right fax , and When i created different extensions for right fax and have GW communicate directly with the right fax and vise versa (before i had cucm)everything back to normally.

I dont know if your senario will work perfect

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

tnx chris,

i will  create 1 voip' dial-peer for FAX and another for CUCM, with same Destination-pattern.?

Hope it works

Will update you the result tommorow.

Tnx again!!!

Hi

If you will use the same extensions for ipphones and fax then i dodnt believe that it will help two dial peers

You will have two different dial peers with the same destination pattern ,  , xm i am not sure if it will work

But just tried it and put diffenent preference into the dial peers

Not to be a party poper, but I don't think your thought out setup will work. Why do you want to have the same DN for both speech and fax?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi Roger

You will never be a  party poper

I agree with you also that have the same extensions for phones and faxs its not a good idea

Hi Chris/Roger,

wish not to be a 'party popper' though,  Regardding the configuration- Its a client requirement. I had mentioned on my 1st note, if its a fax hitting the VG it should go to fax server.

What would we do without clients and their crazy requirements :)

Set it up and try it out, but I think you'll strike out on this specific customer request. :(

If the RightFax software somehow can handoff the call if no fax tone is detected when it answers the call, then it might be a way forward.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

cdfong
Level 1
Level 1

This can be accomplished by the use of a tcl script on the gateway. The script will basically answer each call and forward faxes to Rightfax and voice to CM. Only con is that all callers will hear a short delay before being forwarded. Hope this points you in the right direction.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Here's the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_fax_services_over_ip_application_guide/detect.html

Keep in mind that it's only supported on pots peers though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: