cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM: Roles and Permissions for Reset/Restart Phone or Apply Config

Ben Genn
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me what permission needs to be added to a role to permit a user of that role to restart/reset (or apply config - same thing really) a phone device?

The popup once you press reset/retart or apply config shows just "user is not authorized to access this page".

Thanks,

Ben.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ben,

what is your CUCM version? are you using any Custom Role for these endusers who do reset/restart?

if so, please add read/update privileges for the "Voice Mail Pilot web pages" resource to the custom role and check.

Please check this bug ID: CSCug29903

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ben,

you can go for Standard CCM Phone Management Role with Standard CCM Phone Administration User Group.

You can do this by creating a new user under User Management ---user group.

Please check if this helps.

regds,

aman

I already have the rest of the role set up fine, I just need to know which "Reasource Access Information" resource needs to be ticked read/update in order to add this functionality to a pre-existing custom role we use.

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben ,

Can u share the snapshot from CUCM ?

regds,

aman

Attached is the current role permissions.  Not sure which one adds the ability to reset/restart on an individual phone device, but with this current set it does not work.

Appologies for the long capture.

Ben.

Hi Ben,

I could not find for individual phones.

Can u try using Bulk Reset/Restart phones to check the behaviour ?

regds,

aman

I had that same thought process and tried it early in my investigation, unfortunately that setting makes no difference.

Ben.

Hi Ben,

what is your CUCM version? are you using any Custom Role for these endusers who do reset/restart?

if so, please add read/update privileges for the "Voice Mail Pilot web pages" resource to the custom role and check.

Please check this bug ID: CSCug29903

That is exactly the problem.  Thanks Sureshsub2   Greatly appreciate the assistance. 

Hi Ben,

Never thought this could be the bug.

regds,

aman

We faced the same issue after upgrading our CUCM to 8.6.2su3 and got to know this is a defect. hence able to assist now.

Hi Suresh,

Gr8 [+5]

Hi Ben,

Can u share the 3-4 snapshots of final what u have configured ?

regds,

aman

The attached is the only change I made from the original attachment to correct the issue as per the bug report.

Thanks for all the help on this issue.

Thanks,

Ben.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: