cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Rollback Question

Kevin Frazer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario that it think would work but I figured I'd post to get some opinions. Have a cluster (pub sub) that was updated from 8.6.2 (first revision) to 8.6.2 su3. If I had to switch versions back to the inactive partition, could I not use the below steps to account for any config changes done since the update?

1. Export data from active version. This will include phones, trans pattern etc added post update to su3.
2. Switch version back to 8.6.2 (first revision sitting in the inactive partition).
3. Import data extracted from su3 to account for moves, adds, changes that will be lost during a rollback.

Just a theoretical question as I'm sure many will wonder why I would have to do this:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

tpfrankli
Level 5
Level 5

My only concern with that would be any differences across versions of the exports. Given that you're talking a minor rev not major say an export from 8 into 7 it might work. Though that would be something to test in a lab. Additionally things like Call Forwarding destinations would be lost.

~~~
Rate helpful posts
Blog - http://tripplehelix.net

~~~ Rate helpful posts Blog - http://tripplehelix.net

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think you can't take a backup from version and make restore to another version

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that seems like the only possible method using BAT, I don't see much diff in bat of the two versions. Another thing you need to be aware is you would lose call detail records as well. Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Kevin,

What I have understood from your question is that if you rool back from 8.6.2.su3 to 8.6.2, whether all the changes done in 8.6.2.su3 would be able to get in 8.6.2?

You wont'be able to get the changes made in 8.6.2.su3 to 8.6.2. You need to again configure call manager version 8.6.2 for the same .

regds,

aman