Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Route-pattern problem

Eng.AymanSabry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all hello 

I have a serious request and i can't make it in my mind the request is as follows 

I have CUCM and voice gateway with 4 FXO ports 

I have mobile route-pattern which should be identical to whole organization 

The general manager only when he calls mobile he should go on port 0/0/0 from FXO

other company users will go to the other 3 ports with round-robin use

And i need to to not change the user experience for dialing mobile number 90[012

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What protocol do you use for the FXOs?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What do you mean by FXOs protocol i use sip trunk between cucm and voice gateway

With SIP you have following options:

1. Use different steering codes on CUCM depending who is calling by having different CSS assigned to the manager's phone with access to separate route pattern in different partition that prefixes digits so that different dialpeer can be matched on the GW.

2. Use Dial Peer Groups, where you can match inbound call from CUCM based on answer-address that matches the manager's extension which then points to designated outbound dial-peer pointing to port 0/0/0 where other DPG matched everything else would point to dial-peer invoking trunk-group for remaining ports.

Thanks for your reply

i used option 1 with some modification maybe i didn't understand exactly but here i did 

i used 9.0[125]...... for normal users                         User-Outbound Partiotion

i also made a new route-pattern with 8.[125]......      CEO-Outbound Partition

I made a translation pattern specific for CEO-Outbound Partiotion when CEO dials 9....... it will transform to 8......

and i made a destination-pattern on voice gateway with 8T for CEO and 9T for normal users

Not exactly what @Chris Deren meant, but it would work.

A suggestion for a small simplification. As you have the CEO route pattern in its own partition there would be no need to have the extra step with the translation pattern. If you configure the RPs as below it should do the same and use what you already have setup in the gateway.

9.0[125]...... for normal users      User-Outbound Partition

9.0[125]...... for CEO                   CEO-Outbound Partition
On the RP for CEO do a discard digit pre-dot and prefix 8. This will result in that the called number sent to the gateway start with 8 and therefor use the dial-peer that you created for this.

Response Signature