Helpful
Replies

CUCM security password recover on a UCS c220

Oussama.bachiri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i'm trying to recover my security password on my cucm v10

but there a step saying that i have to insert a CD ,

i have a C220 where the hell i will insert this CD so i can recover it???? its confusing there is no disk drive on C220!!!!

Thanks & Best Regrads,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem.

Aaron

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark questions 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Your CUCM is a virtual server, so you have to attach/detach a virtual CD.

You can attach any ISO image to the server, or probably selecting 'install/upgrade vmware tools' and setting it to 'interactive' will do it. You can then cancel the vmtools install - it basically just attaches the vmtools CD to the Virtual Machine.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thanks for the reply, i will try to attach an iso image to the CD and see if that will work, if not where i can find "install/upgrade vmware tools", and one more thing if you lay alow do i need to reboot my CUCM after reseting the security password

Thanks aaron

Yes you will need to reboot the CUCM cluster(if you have more than one servers) after changing the security password.

Version 10 specific ref:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_C2F2626C_00_cucm-os-admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C2F2626C_00_cucm-os-admin-guide-100_chapter_010.html#CUCM_TK_R280FDB4_00

n 

You must reset each node in a cluster after you change its security password. Failure to reboot the nodes causes system service problems and problems with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration windows on the subscriber nodes.

-Terry

Hi

Vmtools is in the vSphere client; right click the VM name/Guest/Install VMware Tools.

IME you don't really need to restart the servers, but I believe it's best practice to do so. The most important thing is that you do it on ALL servers in the CUCM cluster.

Aaron

Thanks man

No problem.

Aaron

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark questions 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: