Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM self care portal : Speed dial configuration

sravan.at
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to configure (add/delete/modify) speed dial numbers on expansion module 7914 attached to a 7962 model phone through CUCM self care portal. I have tried adding on the phone and it works but when I try it on expansion module it doesn't work. However I can configure speed dials on the expansion module through CUCM.

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Debasis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Debasis,

The self care portal allows to add speed dials without an option to select the expansion module. BLF speed dial option is not available for any of them. It looks like a limitation with self care portal.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Debasis,

Looks like it is not possible as per the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsb59301/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Note that BLF allows you to monitor lines on other phones than your own. To
enforce security and only allow some people to monitor other people's lines,
the administrator must configure BLF settings.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your quick response.

The only concern is, I am able to configure speed dial on the phone through self care portal but not able to do it on expansion module connected to same phone.

Debasis

Hi Debasis,

The self care portal allows to add speed dials without an option to select the expansion module. BLF speed dial option is not available for any of them. It looks like a limitation with self care portal.

Manish

Thanks Manish...

Please clarify for me.

Can the self care portal be used to configure the speed dials on an expansion module?

We have a 7915 sidecar on a 7962 that is not showing up in the self care portal.

Thank you

Hi Nathan,

The self care portal does allow to add speed dials but it does not list or allow to select the 7914/15/16 expansion modules separately.

You can add them under Phone settings > Speed Dial Numbers > Add new speed dial

Manish

Hello,
I have the same doubt,
I have 8841 phones that I want to configure through self care portal and I want it to be configured with BLF,

As far as I can do my tests, I can not do it,
Someone managed to make it through the Self Care Portal the settings to add, modify, delete speed dial

CCM User Page does not have Busy Lamp Field Settings for IP Phones
CSCsb59301

You can only configure regular speed dials, not BLF SD
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie
Hi Jaime
Thanks for answering,
I have one last query, although you can not configure BLF when the user enters the Self Care Portal through his user and pass Active Directory

In my case I have an 8841 (with 9 speed dial) and when you create the speed dial you are over 9, create n times, but only the first 9 appear.

There is a way to limit that, maybe I need an option so that there are only 9 shortcuts on the speed dial

No, a speed dial by definition is associated to a physical button, how many you have, obviously depends on the device and the template. Those that do not show, are abbreviated dials.

There is no way for you to limit how many a user can configure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate