cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Smart License

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

If I have a CUCM connected to a smart license and want to migrate this CUCM to another UCS, Can I easily connect the new CUCM to a smart account, or should I buy a license to migrate?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you want to move your CM to a new UCS you would not need to do anything with licensing. Just move the VMs from old ESXi host to the new that you create on the new UCS hardware.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Faisal, 
When you migrate your CUCM to a new host using any method like vMotion, PCD or rebuild/restore, all your old CUCM configs are transferred to the new CUCM, including smart license registration settings.

Therefore, your new CUCM will automatically connect to your Smart Account/Virtual account where the CUCM licenses reside and access these licenses the same way your old CUCM did. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If you want to move your CM to a new UCS you would not need to do anything with licensing. Just move the VMs from old ESXi host to the new that you create on the new UCS hardware.

Response Signature

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Faisal, 
When you migrate your CUCM to a new host using any method like vMotion, PCD or rebuild/restore, all your old CUCM configs are transferred to the new CUCM, including smart license registration settings.

Therefore, your new CUCM will automatically connect to your Smart Account/Virtual account where the CUCM licenses reside and access these licenses the same way your old CUCM did. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: