Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SRST features query

Dear All,

Sorry, I'M on little confusion & looking some advise for below query,

As far I'm clear if remote sites VG & phone in loss connectivity to CUCM, it will switch to SRST mode...  

if Phone & VG in same remote site, but only phone loss connectivity to CUCM, but VG still have reachability to CUCM.. phone still have reachability to  local VG in LAN, this case SRST will work? or VG must loss the connectivity to CUCM in order to start SRST ?

best regards,

Naveen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If your question is specific to phone registration in SRST, then it doesn't matter whether gateway can access CUCM or not. Once phones can not reach CUCM, they can register with gateway in SRST mode.

In some other instance say you are using MGCP, then it's must for gateway to loss connectivity with CUCM to allow external inbound/outbound PSTN calls.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If your question is specific to phone registration in SRST, then it doesn't matter whether gateway can access CUCM or not. Once phones can not reach CUCM, they can register with gateway in SRST mode.

In some other instance say you are using MGCP, then it's must for gateway to loss connectivity with CUCM to allow external inbound/outbound PSTN calls.

- Vivek

Thanks a lot Vivek...

we're using SIP trunk between CUCM to remote site VG... 

regards,

Naveen

You are most welcome my friend.

Sounds good you are using SIP. In that case, you don't need to worry about fallback configuration which indeed required in case of MGCP and you will always be able to use local dial peers with appropriate configuration.

- Vivek

Thanks again.. cheers!! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: