cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Subscriber did not work Properly if Publisher is Down (But Sub synchronizes well)

mohd Akram
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

When the Publisher is up subscriber synchronize the phone registration  and if the publisher is down subscriber  did not work with those registered phones  

Thanks & Regards 

Akram

9 Replies 9

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

++ How many server's do you have in CUCM Group?

publisher and Subscriber

You will have to look at Call Manager logs to find out why Subscriber was allowing registration is the CCM Group configuration us correct.

Also download config file of one phone and check if Subscriber is present in it.

use the below address on your browser to download the file

http://CUCMIP:6970/SEP.cnf.xml.sgn

JB

I am not able to download that file and Both sync properly but when pub is down phones unregister till the publisher is up 

Please verify if both the pub and sub are in the CMG for the telephones having this issue.  If they are then verify from the admin page which IP address the telephones are registered to.  The telephones should register the node listed first in the CMG and then if that node is not available they should register to the secondary node. 

If the configuration looks correct then you are going to have to gather log files from RTMT to determine what is wrong.  It's possible there is an ITL problem and the phones are getting rejected by the subscriber.  You could try to clear the ITL on one phone and then see if it registers to the sub. 

We need more detailed information to assist.

These Are the images of my CUCM (server,manager,CMG) please help me with it

It appears that you have not activated the Cisco callmanager service on the subscriber, that's why it is not present in the list of servers available in the callmanager group. Activate the service on subscriber and add it as a backup server in the callmanager group.

Manish

Thanks alot to all my dear friends and special thanks to Manish Gogna , Both Pub and sub  working fine

Can we take the Backup of the VM(ESXI) in which Publisher is installed

Good to know that its working now. You should ideally take DRS backup of the whole cluster ( Pub+Sub ) as just backing up the Pub will not backup the custom TFTP files from Subscriber.

Manish