Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM TFTP cleanup

Is it possible / recommended to delete old firmware files located on the CUCM TFTP servers ?

For example I've all the 8941_8945 firmwares including engineering special ones, not used anymore.

TFTP.tar files are 2.3 Go in size, with 3 TFTP and 14 retention days it takes some disk space...

Thanks,

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jean,

YES, You can do it from GUI of OS Administration under TFTP file management.You need to find Filename with contains  like 8941 [in your case]  ,select and delete.

Be cautious while selecting the files since it would give all files containing 8941 or 8945.

Secondly, you need to delete the files from all servers in a cluster where it is uploaded.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jean,

From CLI, you  can use the command

a. file list tftp filename : first to check the correct filename

b. file delete tftp filename: to delete the filename

Make sure that you cannot recover the deleted file except through DRS tool

regds,

aman

Aman,

Can I use the web interface under TFTP file management in OS Administration ?

And due to the fact that when we install a firmware it's uploaded in this order on :

1. Publisher (no TFTP, no Call Manager)

2. Subcribers with TFTP (3 subs dedicated for TFTP in my case)

3. Subscribers with Call Manager

I suppose I must remove the files on all the servers, not on the TFTP only ?

JC

Hi Jean,

YES, You can do it from GUI of OS Administration under TFTP file management.You need to find Filename with contains  like 8941 [in your case]  ,select and delete.

Be cautious while selecting the files since it would give all files containing 8941 or 8945.

Secondly, you need to delete the files from all servers in a cluster where it is uploaded.

regds,

aman

Great. Thanks.