cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucm to be connected with different cucme

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

I have one site where some ip phones are connected with our main cucm. But rest of the phones are created at local cucme (router 2951). Is it possible that 5 phones connected with CUCM can reach to local created phones???

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, on CME configure a voip dial peer to CUCM and on CUCM configure that CME as an H323 GW.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can i configure inter cluster trunk between cucm and cucme ?

No, that's for CUCM CLUSTERS only.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thnaks alot. Its much appreciated if someone can give me a template/example of how CUCM and CUCME (both cucm and router having cucme can reach each other via wan connection) can be inter-connected.

Do i need to create separate Router pattern, Router List, Route Group and Route Partition & CSS ?

On Gateway side, what will be the voip dial peer ?

Hi,

You can find this document as a guide to configure the CallManager:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00808ebbfe.shtml

The dial-peer in the CME should be something like this:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern xxxx

session target ipv4:

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

voice-class codec 1

Remember to add the h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr command under the interface that has the IP address that you configured in the CallManager.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Regards,

- Adrian.

The ip phones configured on CME Router ( not on the cucm, their tftp server is itself that cme router ) can call to the ip phones configured on cucm ?

Yes, as long as:

1.- A dialpeer VoIP is configured in your router towards the CUCM (just like the one I put in the previous post).

2.- The CME IP address is defined as an H.323 gateway in CallManager and has a CSS assigned to reach the CallManager endpoints.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

- Adrian.

i've configured an ICT-non gatekeeper controlled and it works !!

i don't know if there are issues with this configuration or not .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: