Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to Call Recorder Sip trunk local=2 down

min ko
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,
There is CUCM 11.5.1 clusters in our customer. We deploy call-replay recorder on Window Server standard license versoin. there is PA firewall between CUCM and Window server.

we all allowed (any to any)traffic. But As I test ,some ports are not open to CUCM as well as JTAPI (2749).All services are running in CUCM side and working normal. May I know that how to fix CUCM sip trunk is down local=2 state to call-replay recorder.

your Sincerely,

Min Ko 

4 Replies 4

Dear Nithin,

CUCM > PALOATO > Callreplay (deployed on window server 2016)

Noted and thanks for your help.

May I inform you that all ports are allowed by security Engineer at this moment. .

But As I test ,some ports are not open to CUCM as well as JTAPI (2749). And Sip trunk is not up. (local=2 down).

Callreplay recorder is configured as sipforking recording. (SPANLESS). 

Could I know how to fix it to work recorders. your help would be really appreciated.

thanks and best rgds,

Min Ko 

I am not good in firewalls. i had a customer who  use PA  firewall in between CUCM and IP phones. Sip phones where not getting registered  and SCCP phones where working fine . PA engineer said all ports are open asper the policy and then later making some changes on PA  SIP settings(this is what i came to know from the PA engineer) it started working.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Can you ask your security engineer to check the PA Firewall traffic logs if it's receiving the traffic from CUCM?

It may be beneficial to run packet captures on CUCM, the PA Firewall and / or the Windows server (assuming you manage it) to check how far the traffic is getting or what is exactly is happening with the traffic.

To take packet captures on CUCM, refer to this link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/packet-capture-on-cucm-appliance-model/ta-p/3118507

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: