Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to know engineering specials installed

CoDeC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how can I know the ES installed in a CUCM cluster?

for example I have a cluster with the version 8.0.3.23032-1 and I'd like to know with the format 8.0(3a)XX for to match with the upgrade path document.

from software site, I can see that the version 8.0.3.22900-5 is 8.0(3a)SU2 and 8.0.3.23900-5 is 8.0(3a)SU3. So, I suppose that our cluster has installed a ES.

Regards,

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

Notes about Engineering Specials (ESs), Service Updates (SUs), and Windows Service Release (SR) Upgrades
If you run a Linux or Windows Engineering Special (ES), a Service Update (SU), or a Windows Service Release (SR) for any version listed in the “Direct upgrade” tables in the following Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades, you can also upgrade to the target version for that section.  If you install an ES, it may contain fixes that are not included in newer Cisco Unified Communications  Manager releases. For example, a fix in the latest 6.1(3)es, 6.1(3.32xx-x), may not be included in 6.1(4x) because the fix was not available prior to the release of 6.1(4x). In this example, a later ES on the 6.1(4x)  branch may be required to retain the same fixes.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer but I asked if it is possible to know the CUCM version from the System Version or to know the ES installed:

8.0.3.23900-5=8.0(3a)SU3

8.0.3.23032-1= ?

Thanks again.

--

Alberto

Alberto,

Run the below command from CUCM CLI to check what all ES or cop files had been installed on the system::

show version active

To check the complete number of CUCM version correspondent to the short name suc as 8.0(3a)SU3 etc, go to below link, choose the required CM train >> Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates 

https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=268439621&flowid=77890

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi,

thanks but when I run that command I only see the locales, network and firmware and of course the version (8.0.3.23032-1). I don't see ES installed and in the download site I don't found it.

Regards,

How about looking that on main page once you login to CUCM Administration. If you will not found there as well then I will need to check that in my lab

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

thanks for your help.

in the main CUCM Administrato page, I can see the  System version: 8.0.3.23032-1

Regards,

--

Alberto

Adding to what Manish said, TAC can also run something like below Find command in the root of your CUCM to locate the ES installed

find / -name es

find / -name *.cop

find / -name *.sgn

Regards

Deepak

Hi Alberto,

CUCM will not tell if the installed version is an ES or SU. It will need to be verified as per the Release notes of that version or from cisco.com download page. Generally the Release notes for ES versions are not available on cisco.com as they are published by TAC engineers for specific scenarios / bug fixes, so you may request for such info from TAC. The release notes do mention the base ES for certain versions , if you see the Read me for cucm 9.1.2SU1 below as an example

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/108330/cucm-readme-912su1.pdf

On page 8 it mentions "Resolved CUCM Caveats in 9.1(2.11006-1); base ES for 9.1(2)SU1"

Manish

hi,

Thanks. I will request to TAC.

Best Regards,

--

Alberto

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

In my experience, any release/build version ending in "00" is a public release, and anything else is a special version only obtainable through TAC.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: