Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/UCCX compatibility

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I checked the compatiblity matrix for UCCX 8.5 Su3 and didn't see CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28 listed.  Does that mean its not supported or maybe the matix was created prior to 9.1.2 being released.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5(1)_SU3

If anyone has another link that clearly states what CUCM version are supported, or can tell me that our current set is not supported.

Thansk,

AK

2 Replies 2

Hi Ayaz Khan,

first of all ... the latest UCCX 8.5 version is 8.5(1)SU4 - 11/Dec/2012. The UCCX 8.5(1)SU4 Compatibility Matrix page was updated on 15/Jun/2015 and it supports CUCM 9.1(2). The UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 compatibility page was update on 03/Dec/2014. The CUCM 9.1(2) was created in 30/Jul/2013.

Second ... you can check for this link: CUCM Compatibility Matrix, it shows the system that are tested  and validated by Cisco.

Third ... take a look in this post.

Your question is a bit trick ... "is supported" and "will work" sometimes get confused ... what I can say is, UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 will work with CUCM 9.1(2) (because it is "presumed qualified"), but if you have any problem and open a TAC case, the first thing TAC will do is to ask you to make an upgrade from UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 to a 8.5(1)SU4 version, because of the Compatibility Matrix.

My recommendation ... upgrade to 8.5(1)SU4.

Hope this helps.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to great answer from Marcelo, Cisco's stance on compatibility of CCX and CUCM is that all SUs are presumed supported even if not up to date in the documentation.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: