Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM & UCSS: Real Life Flow

Hello,

Have a little question about flow of the upgrade process for CUCM from 6.1(3) to 7.1(3b).

The possibility that this can be achieved can be verified going to this good url:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp141921

Let's assume I have also purchased ESW contract for CUCM 6.1(3) and UCSS is activated
and attached to this ESW contract #.

I can't understand what is the next step. My thoughts are the following. Please, correct, if possible.

---

Vision #1:

1. Place an order via PUT (Product Upgrade Tool) to get dvd with new version of CUCM, e.g. 7.1(3b).
2. After the box with DVD discs will be delivered, perform the installation.

- Will DVD be bootable ?
- If DVD will be bootable, will I have to perform fresh install ?
- How to import configuration data from existing CUCM 6.1(3) ?

---

Vision #2:

1. Go to the CCO and download non-bootable ISO for CUCM 7.1(3b).
2. Migrate from 6.1(3) to 7.1(3b) by 'utils system switch-version'

- Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to order the upgrade kit in order to perform this.

The files from CCO are for specific paths and they already advise you what to do if you don't have the required version:

UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.30000-1.sgn.iso_part1of2
Release  Date: 15/Dec/2009
Cisco  Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3b) part 1 of 2 (non-bootable) - For  upgrade from 7(x). Upgrades from 5.1(3x)/6.1(2x)/6.1(3x)/6.1(4x) need to  be requested via PUT (www.cisco.com/upgrade) or purchased to obtain  necessary license.
Size: 1639730.00  KB  (1679083520 bytes)

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

Is it correct to say that we have in fact 2 (two) ways:

1. Either purchase P/N CM7.1-U-K9-*.
2. Or, if customer has active UCSS & ESW, request upgrade kit via PUT.

Will we have the same or identical discs/licenses packs in both ways ?
Does the license's file contents will change if going from 6.x to 7.x in terms of version specified in there ?

Tobi!

With the current version you are running 6.1.3 and the version you intend to upgrade to 7.1.x, the following are true

1. You only have one uprage option and that is via PUT! You cannot download iso fles from CCO because those are for upgrades within the same release eg 6.1.3a to 6.1.3b. When you are upgrading to a major version eg 6.1.3 to 7.1.x you need to place an order through cisco. If you have UCSS, then you go via PUT and order your DVDS etc.

2. The process is documented in  the link below (NB this will not be a fresh install it will be an upgrade)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_1_2/cucos/iptpch7.html

3. Your licenses are upgraded too!

You can do the upgrade while your system is in production and you can then choose to swicth to the upgraded version at a more convenient time.

Hope this helps

Please rate all useful posts